Library Square Children’s Centre Outdoor Play Space
Friday May 23, 2014 / 1 – 5pm
Saturday May 24, 2014 and Saturday May 31, 2014 / 9:00am – 5:00pm
Please join Projects in Place and the Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres in their 2nd project together, this time to upgrade the Library Square Children’s Centre playground. Much like the Sapphire playground upgrades, we will be incorporating concepts of sustainability, food security and environmental conservation… but multiply the play and storytelling features by a factor of TEN.
Build activities will include:
- Building a greenhouse;
- Installing several play structures;
- Creating a composting station;
- Planting raised bed gardens;
- Constructing a drama stage.
By improving this playground we help to introduce children to concepts like sustainability, agriculture, and environmental conservation in a fun and interactive setting. With your help on pre-build and build events you can be part of this important legacy of creating high quality early learning environments.
If you love seeing places transformed, then you will definitely want to sign up for this!
We will be holding a delivery afternoon and two separate build events:
- Friday May 23rd (1-5pm) will be our delivery day which means we will be receiving and moving deliveries of lumber, soil and materials.
- Saturday May 24th (9am–5pm) will be our pre-build day which means we will be prepping and painting the lumber, building mock-ups and begin assembling some of the large elements.
- Saturday May 31st (9am-5pm) will be our big assembly day – we will also be planting and adding those finishing touches. Each of the days are equally important, so please feel free to sign up for any or all!
Location: Suites 301 and 401, 345 Robson Street, Vancouver
City Centre and Stadium SkyTrain stations close by.
Pay parking available nearby.
Build event volunteers must be 18 or older.
VSOCC will be providing child minding services on site for children 12 months – 12 years on the Saturdays. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get your hands (and clothes) dirty! Please note that we will proceed with the builds rain or shine – there will be some protective cover, food and warm drinks on site.
This event is now full. Thank you everyone for your interest!